UKATA Asbestos Non-Licensed Groundworker
This course is ideal for persons who may be required to undertake or manage Non-Licensed or Notifiable Non-Licensed Work with asbestos containing materials. This course is for groundworks and demolition contractors, remediation and investigation personnel, and those engaged in work on sites that are presumed or identified as having asbestos containing materials (ACMs), or dispersed fibre within the soil. The course may also benefit those who carry out asbestos sampling and analysis.
Course duration is 1 day
Who should attend?
Any persons who may be required to undertake or supervise Non-Licensed or Notifiable Non-Licensed Work with asbestos in soils. This course is for groundworkers, demolition contractors, remediation and investigation personnel and any other persons engaged in work on sites that are presumed or identified as containing asbestos materials or fibre concentrations in the soil. The course may also benefit those who carry out asbestos sampling and analysis.
The course will cover the requirements for task specific training as set out in Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations, with delegates gaining an understanding of:
- Asbestos Awareness (in soil) including. its potential origins
- Soil analysis and investigation reports
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, EA Environmental Permitting and other applicable legislation relating to the work
- Assessment, classification and notification of the work where required
- Control measures including dampening down, segregation of work areas, personal protective equipment, respiratory protective equipment and decontamination of personnel and plant
- Record keeping and maintenance of recorded site checks
- The requirements for managing waste arising from the work
The course aims to provide the theoretical and practical skills required to undertake work safely on sites. Upon completion, delegates will have an awareness of the hazards and risks posed by the presence of asbestos in soil and will be able to excavate, handle or dispose of materials safely in accordance with current legislation and current codes of practice.
Delegates will hold a UKATA Asbestos Awareness certificate which has been obtained in the past 6 months.
Hot and cold drinks available when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.