Legionella & Disinfection
Well suited to those who work with a manufactured water-handling system or in an environment where these systems are used – this two day course is intended to prevent the risk of contact with Legionella bacteria.
To gain an understanding of the risks of contact with Legionella bacteria and the processes required to prevent or adequately control those risks.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who works with a manufactured water-handling system or in an environment where these systems are used.
The 2 day course will cover the following topics;
- Basic water chemistry
- Water and its use in hot and cold water systems
- History of Legionella and legionnaires disease
- Legionella code of practice
Assessment – theoretical tuition with competence exam.
At the end of this course delegates will;
- Understand the health risk implications of Legionella bacteria
- Understand the legal obligations and responsibilities in the workplace
- Know how to identify the risks and hazards in the workplace
- Understand how to undertake a Legionella risk assessment and implement measures to eliminate, reduce and control the risk
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s health and safety aims and objectives
Revision notes (where relevant).
A buffet style lunch will be provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.