This course is suitable for anyone who works with a manufactured water-handling system or in an environment where the systems are used.
To gain an understanding of the risks of contact with Legionella bacteria and the processes required to prevent or adequately control those risks.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who works with a manufactured water-handling system or in an environment where these systems are used.
The 1 day course will cover the following topics;
- Introduction to Legionella and disease
- Basic water chemistry
- Legislation, rules and regulations
- Monitoring and record keeping
- Water and its use in hot and cold water systems
- History of Legionella and legionnaires disease
- Legionella code of practice
At the end of this course delegates will;
- Understand the health risk implications of legionella bacteria
- Understand the legal obligations and responsibilities in the workplace
- Know how to identify the risks and hazards in the workplace
Revision notes (where relevant).
A buffet style lunch will be provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.