Level 3, NVQ Diploma – 6187-06 in Servicing & Maintaining Refrigeration Systems
This is ideal for experienced refrigeration engineers who have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. Employees work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety.
The NVQ is intended to familiarise the delegate with the specific skills required to work within the Refrigeration Industry and meet the minimum requirements.
This is dependent on the skill level. Delegates can attend through short block release of 3 to 5 days every 6 to 8 weeks intervals.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for those involved in the servicing and maintenance refrigeration, and provides the skills necessary for employment progression in this sector.
This qualification involves different areas within the RAC & HP which is assessed by on-line theory multiply choice exams, practical assignments & assessments, and onsite assessments.
The course consists of 4 mandatory modules which must be completed to achieve the qualification. These include:
- Unit 303 Understand how to organise resources within BSE
- Unit 309 Understand Halocarbon Fluorinated refrigeration system service and maintenance techniques
- Unit 311 Service and Maintain Halocarbon fluorinated refrigeration systems
Optional Units: Delegates can choose one from the following units;
- Unit 302/602 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
- Unit 330/630 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
This course is intended to familiarise the delegate with specific skills required to work within the Refrigeration industry. Achievement of this qualification could leave to progression on to HNC/HND Building Services or construction qualifications.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification, however delegates must have a good understanding of spoken written English.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments provided when at Sanctus Training venue.