Level 3, NVQ Certificate 6187-04 in Servicing & Maintaining Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
This is ideal for experienced refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump engineers who have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. Employees work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety.
The NVQ is intended to familiarise the delegate with the specific skills required to work within the Air-Conditioning & Heat Pump Industry and meet the minimum requirements.
This is dependent on the skill level. Delegates can attend through short block release of 3 to 5 days every 6 to 8 weeks intervals.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for those involved in the servicing and maintenance of air-conditioning and heat pump systems, and provides the skills necessary for employment progression in this sector.
This qualification involves different areas within the RAC & HP systems which is assessed by on-line theory multiply choice exams, practical assignments and assessments and onsite assessments.
The course consists of 4 mandatory modules which must be completed to achieve the qualification. These include;
- Unit 303 Understand how to organise resources within BSE
- Unit 306 Understand Halocarbon Fluorinated air-conditioning and heat pump systems service and maintenance techniques
- Unit 307 Service and Maintain Halocarbon fluorinated air-conditioning and heat pump systems
Optional Units: Candidates can choose one from the following units;
- Unit 302/602 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
- Unit 330/630 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
This course is intended to familiarise the delegate with specific skills required to work within the Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning industry. Achievement of this qualification could leave to progression on to HNC/ HND Building Services or construction qualifications.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification, however delegates must have a good understanding of spoken written English.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments provided when at Sanctus Training venue.