Level 2, NVQ Diploma 6187-02 in Installing & Maintaining Refrigeration Systems
This qualification is intended for those wanting to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the refrigeration industry. It is also suitable for those employed within the industry. The course will help delegates gain employment and progress into an NVQ.
The course is intended to familiarise the delegate with the specific skills required to work within the Refrigeration Industry and meet the minimum requirements.
This is dependent on the skill level. The delegate can attend through short block release of 3 to 5 days every 6 to 8 weeks intervals.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended to either be a starting point in a career in Refrigeration or for those involved in the installation, servicing and maintenance of refrigeration. It focuses on the practical skills and knowledge required to install, service and maintain Refrigeration systems.
This qualification involves many different areas within the RAC & HP Systems which is assessed by on-line theory multiply choice exams, practical assignments and assessments and onsite assessments for certain units.
The course consists of 10 mandatory units which must be completed to achieve the qualification. These include;
- Unit 201/501 Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
- Unit 202 Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
- Unit 203 Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within Building Services Engineering
- Unit 204 Understand how to apply scientific principals within MES
- Unit 219 Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
- Unit 228/528 Understand and carry out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for RAC Systems
- Unit 230/530 Handling fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances category 1 personnel
- Unit 233 Understand refrigeration system installation, testing maintenance techniques
- Unit 234 Install, test and maintain refrigeration systems
Optional Units: Delegates can choose one from the following units;
- Unit 302/602 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
- Unit 330/630 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
The delegate will gain specific skills required to work within the Refrigeration. Achievement of this qualification can lead onto NVQ Level 3.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.