Level 2, Diploma 7189-02 in Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
This qualification is intended for those wanting to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump industry. It is also suitable for those employed within the industry. The course will help delegates gain employment and progress into an NVQ.
The course is intended to familiarise the delegate with the specific skills required to work within the refrigeration & air-conditioning Industry.
This is dependent on the skill level. The delegate can attend through short block release of 3 to 5 days every 6 to 8 weeks intervals.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for those wanting to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the refrigeration, air-conditioning & heat pump Industry. It is also suitable for those already employed within the Industry. Level 2, covers the theory and practical skills involved in working on basic RAC & HP systems.
This qualification involves many different areas within the RAC & HP Systems which is assessed by on-line theory multiply choice exams, practical assignments and assessments.
The course consists of 9 mandatory units which must be completed to achieve the qualification. These include;
- Unit 201 Health & Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Unit 202 Scientific Principles within RAC and Heat Pump Systems
- Unit 203 Apply Scientific principles to practical vapour compression systems
- Unit 204 Functions and features of RAC and Heat Pump Systems
- Unit 205 Service and maintain RAC and Heat Pump systems
- Unit 206 Install and commission RAC and Heat Pump systems
- Unit 207 Electrical systems for RAC and Heat Pump systems
- Unit 209 Handling fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances Cat 1 Personnel
- Unit 210 Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Achievement of this qualification can lead onto NVQ Level 3.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.