Level 2, Diploma 6187-01 in Installing, Testing & Maintaining Air-Conditioning & Heat Pump Systems
This qualification is intended for those wanting to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the air-conditioning and heat pump industry. It is also suitable for those employed within the industry. The course will help delegates gain employment and progress into an NVQ.
The course is intended to familiarise the delegate with the specific skills required to work within the air-conditioning industry and meet the minimum requirements.
This is dependent on the skill level. Delegates can attend through short block release of 3 to 5 days every 6 to 8 weeks intervals.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended to either be a starting point in a career in air-conditioning or for those involved in the commissioning, installation, servicing and maintenance air-conditioning and heat pump systems. It focusses on the practical skills and knowledge required to install, service and maintain air-conditioning systems.
The qualification involves different areas within the RAC & HP Systems which is assessed by on-line theory multiply choice exams, practical assignments & assessments, and onsite assessments for certain units.
The course consists of 10 mandatory units which must be completed to achieve the qualification. These include;
- Unit 201/501 Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
- Unit 202 Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
- Unit 203 Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within Building Services Engineering
- Unit 204 Understand how to apply scientific principals within MES
- Unit 210 Understand air conditioning and heat pump system installation, testing and maintenance techniques
- Unit 211 Install, test and maintain air conditioning and heat pump systems
- Unit 219 Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
- Unit 228/528 Understand and carry out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for RAC Systems
- Unit 230/530 Handling fluorinated gases and ozone depleting substances category 1 personnel
Optional Units: Candidates can choose one from the following units
- Unit 302/602 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
- Unit 330/630 Understand and carry out electrical work on RAC systems and components
Delegates will gain specific skills required to work within the air-conditioning Industry. Achievement of this qualification can lead onto NVQ Level 3.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification. However, delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.