Hydrocarbons Course, Level 2, 6187-21
A one day course for experienced engineers who are looking to further develop transferable skills applicable to hydrocarbon systems.
To understand Hydrocarbon Iso-Butane/Propane/Butane RAC System installation testing, servicing & maintenance techniques.
Course duration is 1 day
Who should attend?
Experienced engineers who wish to further develop transferable skills applicable to hydrocarbon systems. The course will cover the background information critical to understanding this topic working with hydrocarbon refrigerants.
The course will cover the following 9 units which are applicable to the installation, servicing, maintaining and de-commissioning of hydrocarbon RAC systems:
- Health & Safety requirements
- Legislation and organisational procedures
- Differences between halocarbon and hydrocarbon RAC Systems
- Procedure for planning and preparing for work on hydrocarbon RAC systems
- Plan and prepare for work on hydrocarbon RAC systems
- Requirements for installing and testing hydrocarbon RAC systems
- Differences between halocarbon and hydrocarbon service and maintenance procedures
- Able to service and maintain hydrocarbon RAC systems
- Understand the decommissioning procedures for hydrocarbon RAC systems
A multi-choice 1 hour off-line exam with practical assignment.
On successful completion delegates will achieve a City & Guilds 6187-21, at level 2 Award
Experienced engineers in the HVACR sector working with hydrocarbon refrigerants must hold a valid 2079-11 Certificate.
Revision notes (where relevant).
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.
The course was very interesting and I gained a lot from it. The tutor articulated the course excellently.
The course material was good.
The practical was beneficial."