10 Day Introduction to Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
From HVACR troubleshooting to ensuring systems are tight and efficient in their use of energy – this 10-day introductory course is perfect for both new entrants and existing workers looking to enhance their career.
Engineers will be able to meet the minimum legal qualification to install, commission, service, maintain, recover & leak check all refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems in accordance with the F-Gas Regulation EC842/2006, and have the knowledge, skill and technique to meet best practice standards to braze copper pipework to a certified standard.
The course duration is 10 days
Who should attend?
All new entrants or existing workers who wish to acquire relevant skills and knowledge to pursue or enhance a career in the refrigeration, air-conditioning or heat pump industries.
The course will cover the following topics;
- Introduction to the vapour compression cycle and basic thermodynamics
- Basic mechanical and electrical concepts
- HVACR practical contents to involve, survey, installation, commission, de-commission hand over of small commercial air conditioning and refrigeration applications and trouble shooting
- HVACR troubleshooting
- HVACR service and maintenance applications
- Fabricate and fit mechanical and brazed joints
- Maintain F-Gas log books and records
- Handle refrigerant safely and dispose of legally
- Ensure systems are tight, efficient in their use of energy and meet the F-Gas legal requirements
Theoretical and practical assessments with a multiple choice on-line exam (85 minute duration).
On successful completion of the course, delegates will achieve a City & Guilds 2079-11 – Level 2 Award in F-Gas and ODS Regulations Category 1, and a Certificate of Achievement in Brazing – FETA accredited BRA Level 2 or 3 certificate, valid for 3 years.
Delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English and will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to the course including some self-study with our Revision notes (where relevant).
A buffet style lunch will be provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.
(The trainer) was incredibly knowledgeable on his subject and a very helpful at all times. Made the two weeks fly by. A pleasure to learn from. Thank you."
The mix of theory and practical work was well balanced. Easy to see in real life and correlate to what was being taught.