UKATA Asbestos Awareness for Waste & Civic Site Personnel
This course is ideal for those who may encounter asbestos containing materials during their day to day work activities whilst working or controlling work on licensed waste management or civic amenity sites.
Course duration is ½ day
Who should attend?
Any persons who may encounter asbestos containing materials during their day to day work activities whilst working or controlling work on licensed waste management or civic amenity sites.
This would normally include, but is not limited to; Persons who are responsible for the design and operation of the waste management site, utilities installation and maintenance engineers, waste management and civic amenity site operatives, machine drivers, maintenance engineers/operatives and those employed to undertake engineering or environmental measurements on site.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Asbestos containing material in waste
- The advice which should be provided to members of the public when they enquire about disposing of asbestos wastes at Civic Amenity sites
- Designing and segregating areas of known asbestos waste operations and general waste disposal
- What to do when asbestos wastes or suspected asbestos are identified mixed with other wastes
- Whistleblowing and contacting Regulators where uncontrolled or illegal work has been undertaken by construction contractors
- Emergency procedures
Upon completion, delegates will have an awareness of the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs).
Delegates will ideally hold a UKATA Asbestos Awareness certificate which has been obtained in the past 6 months but this is not essential.
Refreshments will be provided when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.