Bespoke training for Licensed Work involving Asbestos in Soils
This course is ideal for licensed asbestos personnel who are engaged in work on remediation sites that are identified as having licensed and notifiable asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within the soil.
The course will allow employers (Licensed Asbestos Removal Contractors) and employees to meet their legal obligations by providing task specific information, instruction and training as required under Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and supporting guidance.
Course duration is 1 day to 1 ½ days depending on experience.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for licensed asbestos personnel who are engaged in work on remediation sites that are identified as having licensed and notifiable asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within the soil.
The course aims to provide the theoretical and practical skills required to undertake licensed work safely on sites which have been identified as having visible friable asbestos materials within the soils as a result of previous construction or demolition operations.
The course will cover all the requirements for training set out in Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations, with delegates gaining as a minimum understanding of:
- Soil analysis and investigation reports
- Interpretation and application of the Control of Asbestos Regulations and other industry guidance relating to the work
- Assessment, classification and notification of the work
- Control measures inc. enclosures, dampening down, segregation of work areas, personal protective equipment, respiratory protective equipment and decontamination of personnel and plant
- Record keeping and maintenance of recorded site checks
- The requirements for managing and disposing of waste arising from the work
Upon completion, delegates will have the knowledge required to undertake work on soils contaminated with licensed asbestos containing materials. Delegates are expected to pass a written and practical assessment. Successful delegates will be issued with a Sanctus Training certificate.
Delegates must hold either Licensed Operative or Licensed Supervisor certificate which has been obtained in the past 12 months.
A buffet style lunch is provided, along with refreshments when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.