Office Safety Awareness
This 1-day course aims to provide an awareness Health & Safety in the workplace and develop knowledge amongst employees regarding the procedures required
The course aims to provide an awareness Health & Safety in the workplace and develop knowledge amongst employees regarding the procedures required.
Course duration is 1 day
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all office and commercial environment workers to help raise awareness of Health & Safety matters in the office workplace and provide delegates with an understanding of the practical elements required to be legally compliant.
Often considered to be a low-risk environment, offices can present potential hazards which can result in accidents. Delegates will develop a knowledge of health and safety procedures and the legislation that applies to their work tasks including the following;
- Identify causes of accidents and ill health in an office environment
- Employee’s and Employer’s responsibilities under HASAWA
- Identification of hazards and the principles of Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling Techniques
- First Aid Legal Requirements and Reporting Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences
- Safety of Workplace Equipment
- Display Screen Equipment and ergonomic workspace set up
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
The course provides an overview of the legislative measures and guidance available to safeguard employees. On completion Certificates of Attendance will be awarded.
There is no requirement for delegates to have any previous knowledge of office safety, meaning it is suitable for beginners, and will update and refresh the knowledge of those more experienced.
Hot and cold drinks available when delivered at a Sanctus Training venue.